Date:Wednesday May 8 2013
Sir Alex Ferguson's retirement at the end of the season brings to an end a 26-year reign at Manchester United that has touched all areas of English football.
Coventry City FC is no exception.
The Sky Blues managerial hotseat has been held by former United players such as Gordon Strachan and Mark Robins while current boss Steven Pressley was apparently given a 'glowing reference' by his fellow Scot when being thought of for the City job.
Vital Coventry looks back at five big games between CCFC and the Red Devils.
1) Having taken over at Old Trafford in November 1986, Ferguson's first shot at silverware came with that season's FA Cup but Manchester United's hopes were dashed in the 4th Round as Keith Houchen scored the only goal of the game to have Sky Blues supporters dreaming of Wembley.
2) A first league title proved elusive for Ferguson but he finally got United over the line in the first season of the Premier League after a key victory in a bad-tempered game at Highfield Road in April 1993 which saw Micky Quinn sent off after an altercation with Peter Schmeicel.
3) Success came thick and fast after that and United were well on their way to another league crown in April 1996 when a 1-0 for the hosts at Old Trafford was soured by the famous injury suffered by David Busst. Ferguson sent a full-strength side to Coventry for Busst's testimonial.
4) Few among a 23,000+ crowd at Highfield Road in December 1997 gave the home side hope of earning even a point when they trailed United with five minutes left. Dion Dublin's penalty, however, was followed by Darren Huckerby's classic, the ultimate mazy dribble!
5) The Sky Blues are, of course, unbeaten against the Reds in over a decade having won the only meeting of the two sides since City's relegation by two goals to nil in the League Cup in September 2007, Michael Mifsud making himself famous around the world with his two goals.
Date:Wednesday May 8 2013
Brave Sky Blues Fall Just Short (Tuesday March 11 2014)
Vital Archive: Cody McDonald Signs! (Tuesday March 11 2014)
Gills Looking Up After 'Nervous' Three Points (Monday March 10 2014)
One That Got Away As City Head For Gills (Sunday March 9 2014)
Stats: Colchester United v Coventry City (Saturday March 8 2014)
Sky Blues Beaten By The U's (Saturday March 8 2014)
Team News: Adams Starts For City (Saturday March 8 2014)
One Year In Charge For Steven Pressley (Friday March 7 2014)
Colchester United versus Coventry City (Friday March 7 2014)
City Find a Different Way to Win (Thursday March 6 2014)
|12. Sheff Utd||33||12||8||13||-2||44|
|15. Bristol City||36||9||14||13||-5||41|
» Wolves : 12/03/2014 08:31:00
|Wolves Thump Town 4-1
» Swindon : 12/03/2014 07:52:00
|Davis gutted by late equaliser
» Crewe : 12/03/2014 01:15:00
|Late heartache for Alex
» Crewe : 12/03/2014 01:02:00
» Crewe : 11/03/2014 23:44:00
|Walsall 1-1 Crewe Alexandra
» Walsall : 11/03/2014 23:01:00
» Stevenage : 11/03/2014 22:46:00