Date:Wednesday May 8 2013
Sir Alex Ferguson's retirement at the end of the season brings to an end a 26-year reign at Manchester United that has touched all areas of English football.
Coventry City FC is no exception.
The Sky Blues managerial hotseat has been held by former United players such as Gordon Strachan and Mark Robins while current boss Steven Pressley was apparently given a 'glowing reference' by his fellow Scot when being thought of for the City job.
Vital Coventry looks back at five big games between CCFC and the Red Devils.
1) Having taken over at Old Trafford in November 1986, Ferguson's first shot at silverware came with that season's FA Cup but Manchester United's hopes were dashed in the 4th Round as Keith Houchen scored the only goal of the game to have Sky Blues supporters dreaming of Wembley.
2) A first league title proved elusive for Ferguson but he finally got United over the line in the first season of the Premier League after a key victory in a bad-tempered game at Highfield Road in April 1993 which saw Micky Quinn sent off after an altercation with Peter Schmeicel.
3) Success came thick and fast after that and United were well on their way to another league crown in April 1996 when a 1-0 for the hosts at Old Trafford was soured by the famous injury suffered by David Busst. Ferguson sent a full-strength side to Coventry for Busst's testimonial.
4) Few among a 23,000+ crowd at Highfield Road in December 1997 gave the home side hope of earning even a point when they trailed United with five minutes left. Dion Dublin's penalty, however, was followed by Darren Huckerby's classic, the ultimate mazy dribble!
5) The Sky Blues are, of course, unbeaten against the Reds in over a decade having won the only meeting of the two sides since City's relegation by two goals to nil in the League Cup in September 2007, Michael Mifsud making himself famous around the world with his two goals.
Date:Wednesday May 8 2013
CCFC: A Trio of Popular Old Boys (Tuesday September 23 2014)
Plaudits but no Points for City Again (Monday September 22 2014)
Stats: Rochdale v Coventry City (Sunday September 21 2014)
Can City Bounce Back? (Friday September 19 2014)
Young Scottish Boss Turns Cardiff Down! (Thursday September 18 2014)
Red Card a 'Game Changer' For City (Wednesday September 17 2014)
Stats: Scunthorpe United v Coventry City (Tuesday September 16 2014)
Iron Test for Sky Blues (Tuesday September 16 2014)
Scunthorpe the Scene of SP's 1st Game (Monday September 15 2014)
McSheffrey Enjoying a New Lease of Life (Sunday September 14 2014)
|10. Sheff Utd||8||4||1||3||-1||13|
|Crewe close in on defender
» Crewe : 23/09/2014 14:18:00
|Team News: Leyton Orient v Sheffield United
» Sheff Utd : 23/09/2014 12:22:00
|Team News: MK Dons v Bradford
» Bradford : 23/09/2014 12:21:00
|Busy Treatment Room For Wylde
» Chesterfield : 23/09/2014 10:36:00
|Up For The Cup - Sheffield United (H)
» Leyton Orient : 23/09/2014 10:00:00