Date:Wednesday May 8 2013
Sir Alex Ferguson's retirement at the end of the season brings to an end a 26-year reign at Manchester United that has touched all areas of English football.
Coventry City FC is no exception.
The Sky Blues managerial hotseat has been held by former United players such as Gordon Strachan and Mark Robins while current boss Steven Pressley was apparently given a 'glowing reference' by his fellow Scot when being thought of for the City job.
Vital Coventry looks back at five big games between CCFC and the Red Devils.
1) Having taken over at Old Trafford in November 1986, Ferguson's first shot at silverware came with that season's FA Cup but Manchester United's hopes were dashed in the 4th Round as Keith Houchen scored the only goal of the game to have Sky Blues supporters dreaming of Wembley.
2) A first league title proved elusive for Ferguson but he finally got United over the line in the first season of the Premier League after a key victory in a bad-tempered game at Highfield Road in April 1993 which saw Micky Quinn sent off after an altercation with Peter Schmeicel.
3) Success came thick and fast after that and United were well on their way to another league crown in April 1996 when a 1-0 for the hosts at Old Trafford was soured by the famous injury suffered by David Busst. Ferguson sent a full-strength side to Coventry for Busst's testimonial.
4) Few among a 23,000+ crowd at Highfield Road in December 1997 gave the home side hope of earning even a point when they trailed United with five minutes left. Dion Dublin's penalty, however, was followed by Darren Huckerby's classic, the ultimate mazy dribble!
5) The Sky Blues are, of course, unbeaten against the Reds in over a decade having won the only meeting of the two sides since City's relegation by two goals to nil in the League Cup in September 2007, Michael Mifsud making himself famous around the world with his two goals.
Date:Wednesday May 8 2013
Pressley Aims To Stir Sky Blues (Friday April 18 2014)
Stats: Coventry City v Swindon Town (Friday April 18 2014)
Coventry City 1992/93 - Alive and Kicking (Part 9) (Thursday April 17 2014)
A Good Friday for Sky Blues? (Thursday April 17 2014)
Will Clarke & Arsenal Cover City's Losses? (Tuesday April 15 2014)
Final Four for Sky Blues (Monday April 14 2014)
Coventry City 92/92 - Alive and Kicking (Part 8) (Sunday April 13 2014)
CCFC: Five for Fun (Sunday April 13 2014)
Narrow Defeat for Sky Blues (Saturday April 12 2014)
Two Changes For Sky Blues (Saturday April 12 2014)
|14. Bristol City||43||12||17||14||1||53|
|Blades enjoy Good Friday win
» Sheff Utd : 18/04/2014 22:15:00
|RUFC - Evans 'We Play Some Entertaining Football'
» Rotherham : 18/04/2014 22:12:00
|RUFC - Evans 'Fantastic Advert For League One'
» Rotherham : 18/04/2014 22:07:00
» Sheff Utd : 18/04/2014 22:04:00
» Stevenage : 18/04/2014 22:02:00
|Millers And Wolves In Ten Goal Thriller
» Rotherham : 18/04/2014 21:35:00
|Orient Set For Play-Offs
» Leyton Orient : 18/04/2014 20:43:00