Date:Wednesday May 8 2013
Sir Alex Ferguson's retirement at the end of the season brings to an end a 26-year reign at Manchester United that has touched all areas of English football.
Coventry City FC is no exception.
The Sky Blues managerial hotseat has been held by former United players such as Gordon Strachan and Mark Robins while current boss Steven Pressley was apparently given a 'glowing reference' by his fellow Scot when being thought of for the City job.
Vital Coventry looks back at five big games between CCFC and the Red Devils.
1) Having taken over at Old Trafford in November 1986, Ferguson's first shot at silverware came with that season's FA Cup but Manchester United's hopes were dashed in the 4th Round as Keith Houchen scored the only goal of the game to have Sky Blues supporters dreaming of Wembley.
2) A first league title proved elusive for Ferguson but he finally got United over the line in the first season of the Premier League after a key victory in a bad-tempered game at Highfield Road in April 1993 which saw Micky Quinn sent off after an altercation with Peter Schmeicel.
3) Success came thick and fast after that and United were well on their way to another league crown in April 1996 when a 1-0 for the hosts at Old Trafford was soured by the famous injury suffered by David Busst. Ferguson sent a full-strength side to Coventry for Busst's testimonial.
4) Few among a 23,000+ crowd at Highfield Road in December 1997 gave the home side hope of earning even a point when they trailed United with five minutes left. Dion Dublin's penalty, however, was followed by Darren Huckerby's classic, the ultimate mazy dribble!
5) The Sky Blues are, of course, unbeaten against the Reds in over a decade having won the only meeting of the two sides since City's relegation by two goals to nil in the League Cup in September 2007, Michael Mifsud making himself famous around the world with his two goals.
Date:Wednesday May 8 2013
Play Up Sky Blues (Friday October 24 2014)
Stats: OIdham Athletic v Coventry City (Thursday October 23 2014)
Business as Usual for CCFC on Wednesday (Wednesday October 22 2014)
Oldham Push Pressley To The Brink (Tuesday October 21 2014)
Oldham Athletic v Coventry City (Tuesday October 21 2014)
City Need Points Not Plaudits (Monday October 20 2014)
CCFC: Pressley Feels The Pressure (Saturday October 18 2014)
Stats: Coventry City v Bristol City (Saturday October 18 2014)
Coventry City v Bristol City (Saturday October 18 2014)
Crunch Time for Sky Blues (Friday October 17 2014)
|18. Port Vale||14||3||4||7||-6||13|
|Walsall v Chesterfield
» Walsall : 24/10/2014 13:34:00
|Smith 'Im hurting as much as anyone'
» Walsall : 24/10/2014 13:16:00
|Preview: Doncaster Rovers vs MK Dons
» MK Dons : 24/10/2014 11:21:00
|Royal British Legion Are At Saturday's Game
» Walsall : 24/10/2014 10:30:00
|Play Up Sky Blues
» Coventry : 24/10/2014 06:00:00