Date:Wednesday May 8 2013
Sir Alex Ferguson's retirement at the end of the season brings to an end a 26-year reign at Manchester United that has touched all areas of English football.
Coventry City FC is no exception.
The Sky Blues managerial hotseat has been held by former United players such as Gordon Strachan and Mark Robins while current boss Steven Pressley was apparently given a 'glowing reference' by his fellow Scot when being thought of for the City job.
Vital Coventry looks back at five big games between CCFC and the Red Devils.
1) Having taken over at Old Trafford in November 1986, Ferguson's first shot at silverware came with that season's FA Cup but Manchester United's hopes were dashed in the 4th Round as Keith Houchen scored the only goal of the game to have Sky Blues supporters dreaming of Wembley.
2) A first league title proved elusive for Ferguson but he finally got United over the line in the first season of the Premier League after a key victory in a bad-tempered game at Highfield Road in April 1993 which saw Micky Quinn sent off after an altercation with Peter Schmeicel.
3) Success came thick and fast after that and United were well on their way to another league crown in April 1996 when a 1-0 for the hosts at Old Trafford was soured by the famous injury suffered by David Busst. Ferguson sent a full-strength side to Coventry for Busst's testimonial.
4) Few among a 23,000+ crowd at Highfield Road in December 1997 gave the home side hope of earning even a point when they trailed United with five minutes left. Dion Dublin's penalty, however, was followed by Darren Huckerby's classic, the ultimate mazy dribble!
5) The Sky Blues are, of course, unbeaten against the Reds in over a decade having won the only meeting of the two sides since City's relegation by two goals to nil in the League Cup in September 2007, Michael Mifsud making himself famous around the world with his two goals.
Date:Wednesday May 8 2013
CCFC: Pressley Leaves Positive Legacy (Friday May 22 2015)
Striker Agrees Coventry City Deal (Wednesday May 20 2015)
CCFC: Mowbray Allows Eight To Leave (Tuesday May 19 2015)
It's A Deal! CCFC Secure Mowbray Contract (Monday May 18 2015)
Two Places Left In League One For 2015/16 (Monday May 18 2015)
CCFC: What A Year For New Premier League Striker (Sunday May 17 2015)
City Wait On Mowbray As Middlesbrough Step Closer (Saturday May 16 2015)
Steven Gerrard v The Sky Blues (Friday May 15 2015)
Can City Win In The Loan Lottery? (Thursday May 14 2015)
Ex-City Midfielder 'Gutted' At Exit (Wednesday May 13 2015)
|18. Port Vale||46||15||9||22||-10||54|
|VIDEO: The Men In Charge at Posh
» Peterborough : 22/05/2015 13:15:00
|Statement From MacAnthony On New Posh Boss
» Peterborough : 22/05/2015 13:06:00
|Robertson Named New Posh Manager
» Peterborough : 22/05/2015 12:59:00
|Richard O'Donnell Signs For Wigan
» Walsall : 22/05/2015 11:02:01
|Bury Join Walsall In Hunt For Plymouth Striker
» Walsall : 22/05/2015 08:44:01