Date:Wednesday May 8 2013
Sir Alex Ferguson's retirement at the end of the season brings to an end a 26-year reign at Manchester United that has touched all areas of English football.
Coventry City FC is no exception.
The Sky Blues managerial hotseat has been held by former United players such as Gordon Strachan and Mark Robins while current boss Steven Pressley was apparently given a 'glowing reference' by his fellow Scot when being thought of for the City job.
Vital Coventry looks back at five big games between CCFC and the Red Devils.
1) Having taken over at Old Trafford in November 1986, Ferguson's first shot at silverware came with that season's FA Cup but Manchester United's hopes were dashed in the 4th Round as Keith Houchen scored the only goal of the game to have Sky Blues supporters dreaming of Wembley.
2) A first league title proved elusive for Ferguson but he finally got United over the line in the first season of the Premier League after a key victory in a bad-tempered game at Highfield Road in April 1993 which saw Micky Quinn sent off after an altercation with Peter Schmeicel.
3) Success came thick and fast after that and United were well on their way to another league crown in April 1996 when a 1-0 for the hosts at Old Trafford was soured by the famous injury suffered by David Busst. Ferguson sent a full-strength side to Coventry for Busst's testimonial.
4) Few among a 23,000+ crowd at Highfield Road in December 1997 gave the home side hope of earning even a point when they trailed United with five minutes left. Dion Dublin's penalty, however, was followed by Darren Huckerby's classic, the ultimate mazy dribble!
5) The Sky Blues are, of course, unbeaten against the Reds in over a decade having won the only meeting of the two sides since City's relegation by two goals to nil in the League Cup in September 2007, Michael Mifsud making himself famous around the world with his two goals.
Date:Wednesday May 8 2013
Will City or O's Break Their Duck? (Friday October 31 2014)
Sheffield Wednesday Striker Makes City Return (Thursday October 30 2014)
One In, One Out for City (Wednesday October 29 2014)
O's Miss Chance to Leapfrog City (Tuesday October 28 2014)
Home Draw For Sky Blues (Monday October 27 2014)
Super Sky Blues Lift the Gloom (Saturday October 25 2014)
Play Up Sky Blues (Friday October 24 2014)
Stats: OIdham Athletic v Coventry City (Thursday October 23 2014)
Business as Usual for CCFC on Wednesday (Wednesday October 22 2014)
Oldham Push Pressley To The Brink (Tuesday October 21 2014)
|16. Port Vale||15||4||4||7||-3||16|
|19. Leyton Orient||15||3||6||6||-5||15|
|Hitchcock Sent To Fleetwood
» MK Dons : 01/11/2014 08:04:00
|Team News: MK Dons v Swindon Town
» MK Dons : 01/11/2014 08:02:00
|Team News: Sheffield Utd v Barnsley
» Sheff Utd : 01/11/2014 08:01:00
|Hosting The Sky Blues - Coventry (H)
» Leyton Orient : 01/11/2014 08:01:00
|Team News: Rochdale v North End
» Preston : 01/11/2014 08:00:00